Justin Taylor at the Gospel Coalition has published an article based on asking several pastors or theologians what three essays or sermons they would highly recommend, possibly due to the impact it had on them.
The great news is that plenty of these resources are available free, so I’m reproducing the list but only with the free items in it. In this post you can see the main articles or sermons that impacted Bryan Chapell, Graham Cole and Mark Dever.
- J.I. Packer, “What Did the Cross Achieve? The Logic of Penal Substitution”
- Francis Schaeffer, “A Day of Sober Rejoicing”
- Thomas Chalmers, “The Expulsive Power of a New Affection”
- Jonathan Edwards, “A Farewell Sermon“
Dever also mentioned three books:
- John Bunyan, The Pilgrim’s Progress
You can find the complete list at Justin Taylor’s blog, but I’ll be featuring more over the coming weeks so you are not overwhelmed! Also, Justin Taylor’s list includes some books that you need to pay for, so I’ll just be showing those that are free.