Justin Taylor at the Gospel Coalition has recently published two articles based on asking several pastors or theologians what three essays or sermons they would highly recommend, possibly due to the impact it had on them.
Click on the header sections below to go to Justin Taylor’s article, or alternatively click though to the individual items below:
Carl Trueman, professor of church history and historical theology at Westminster Theological Seminary in Philadelphia
- R. V. G. Tasker, “The Biblical Doctrine of the Wrath of God“
- Martin Luther, “Two Kinds of Righteousness“
- George Orwell, “Politics and the English Language”
Stephen J. Nichols (professor of theology and church history at Lancaster Bible College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania)
- J. Gresham Machen, “The Good Fight of Faith“
- Jonathan Edwards, “The Most High, A Prayer-Hearing God“
- John Chrysostom, “Homily 21, On Ephesians 6:1-4“
You can find the complete list at Justin Taylor’s blog, but I’ll be featuring more over the coming weeks so you are not overwhelmed! Also, Justin Taylor’s list includes some books that you need to pay for, so I’ll just be showing those that are free.
1 thought on “Three Classic sermons and Three Classic Articles from Trueman & Nichols”
Hi there, just became aware of your weblog through Google, and found that it is really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I will be grateful in the event you proceed this in future. A lot of other folks will likely be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!