Justin Taylor at the Gospel Coalition has published an article based on asking several pastors or theologians what three essays or sermons they would highly recommend, possibly due to the impact it had on them.
The great news is that plenty of these resources are available free, so I’m reproducing the list but only with the free items in it. In this post you can see the main articles or sermons that impacted Bryan Chapell, Graham Cole and Mark Dever.
- J.I. Packer, “What Did the Cross Achieve? The Logic of Penal Substitution”
- Francis Schaeffer, “A Day of Sober Rejoicing”
- Thomas Chalmers, “The Expulsive Power of a New Affection”
- “The Martyrdom of Polycarp“
- B. B. Warfield, “Imitating the Incarnation“
- Jonathan Edwards, “A Farewell Sermon“
Dever also mentioned three books:
- John Bunyan, The Pilgrim’s Progress
You can find the complete list at Justin Taylor’s blog, but I’ll be featuring more over the coming weeks so you are not overwhelmed! Also, Justin Taylor’s list includes some books that you need to pay for, so I’ll just be showing those that are free.
1 thought on “Classic Sermons and Articles for Mark Dever, Bryan Chappel and Graham Cole”
Hi. My name is Laurie Miner and my address is 58 Piedmont pond Rd. Rutland, VT 05701. My question is this. I thought that I could get some books through the mail as I don’t always have access to the computer. This would be great as I am enjoying this wonderful spiritual journey but do not have enough cash to buy them. If you could help me out that would be wonderful. Thank you so much for your time. God Bless Laurie